- From the freshwater green algae, Haematococcus pluvialis
- Two capsules deliver a full 8mg of active astaxanthin
- A level comparable with published studies
- Plus, natural vitamin E
- Vitamin E contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
- Suspended in a sunflower oil base for maximum absorption
- Suitable for both vegetarians and vegans
This amazing carotenoid is one of nature’s most potent antioxidants, being closely related to other carotenoids such as zeaxanthin and lutein.
We use a natural material derived from the freshwater green algae, Haematococcus pluvialis, in the natural 3S – 3’S form. Synthetic astaxanthin is Rs-3S or RS-R’S and whilst it is cheaper it is not known if this is active or safe.
The algae we use is cultivated in a climate-controlled environment, in a closed system in the Arava desert. The 3 month cultivation process, mimics astaxanthin accumulation in nature and produces an exceptionally pure and high-quality microalgae when compared to the astaxanthin grown in outdoor ponds.
The extraction process uses supercritical CO2 extraction technology which avoids excess heat and ensures a solvent-free product. It is more environmentally friendly being solar panel driven and because they use their own water recycling plant.
Two capsules deliver a full 8mg of natural, active astaxanthin, a level comparable with published studies. Plus, natural vitamin E, which contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.